Thursday, February 18, 2010

For Ages 6 and Up


For the last part of this art-dump, it's a page from a children's book project. The story was something that I just came up with, with classic adventure stories in mind. At first I was thinking of allegories and morals to base the story from, but I started to just think of my childhood and stories like The Time Warp Trio, Where the Wild Things Are and Alice in Wonderland; stories where kids would just get whisked away to a magical land and the whole basis of the story was the adventure and the goal is to get home.

I titled the story The Other Side of the Night and it was about this boy who gets lured into another world (one filled with adventure and whimsy of course) through a series of unusual events. The scan turned out a bit blurry...

Acrylic on Masonite.

1 comment: